The Forest Ridge Youth Services business plan is constantly in a process of development, review, and update
Following is the most recent update of the Forest Ridge Youth Services Business Plan.
For the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2019
||Forest Ridge Youth Services
|Review of Fiscal Year 2017-2018
- Revenue through 4/30/2018 – $4,725,928
- EBITDA through 4/30/2018 – $803,546
- Actual + Forecasted Revenue for FY18 – $5,694,312
- Actual + Forecasted EBITDA for FY18 – $1,010,307
- Initiated Helping Optimize Permanency Experience (HOPE) for Western Service Area.
- Successful CARF Audit—3 year award
- Received Comprehensive Group Care and Child Welfare Emergency Services Award for Iowa RFP
- Awarded Dallas, TX RFP
- Four staff certified GEMS Train the Trainer
- Awarded JRES grant for student computer lab
- One staff attended Leadership Development II
- Level 4 Trauma Informed Trainer on staff
- 100% Retention of identified Top Tier Staff
- Recruitment and Retention of high quality staff.
- Young inexperienced staff; lack of promotable staff.
- Inability to increase student census due to lack of staff.
- Challenges of student population.
- Uncertainty of the Managed Care Organizations providing consistent funding of current services.
|Business Plan Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
|Goal 1: Create program expansion – Expansion of population served to include either Independent Living, deep-end girls, or another identified specialized population.
- Conduct a market survey to evaluate need for a dorm for girls 16+ to focus on independent living skills. (1st quarter, Nikki Lawson)
- Work with Iowa Juvenile Court to put in place the work of the Iowa Girls Juvenile Justice Group that would establish a RFP for deep end girls. (1st quarter, Jen)
- Monitor the State of Iowa RFP schedule for specialized population currently not being served. Evaluate appropriateness for Forest Ridge response. (1st quarter, Jen)
- Participate in the Utah provider calls in preparation for the upcoming RFP. Strive for a per diem increase, incentives and identify any needs currently not met in state. (1st Quarter, Jen/Chad) RFP could be released as early as July 2018.
- Review all documents in the new RFP program (RFPIO) to ensure quality documents represent Forest Ridge. (1st quarter, Shawn/Nikki/Chad/Sara/Jen)
Goal 2: Staff Development
- Support train the trainer and Leadership Development culture initiatives. (1st quarter, Management Team)
- Provide training opportunities for therapists on specific substance abuse related approaches to better maximize service delivery. (2nd quarter, Sara)
- Add specialized training on topics including non-suicidal self-harm, highly sexualized behavior, people who are transgendered, reactive attachment disorder, self-awareness for personal bias. (2nd quarter, Sara/Shawn)
- Train direct care staff to increase intensity in utilizing the level packet system as the primary tool to engage youth. (1st quarter, Chad)
- Increase fidelity checks for both the Group Living and Clinical Department. (1st quarter, Sara/Chad)
- Clinical will have a weekly peer to peer QA file review.
- Clinical Director to do monthly fidelity checks via observation in BHIS and therapy groups.
- Clinical Director and Group Living Director to observe and provide feedback on facilitation of case planning sessions.
- Develop interdisciplinary team to review cases with lack of permanency plan.
Goal 3: Program Specific Outcomes
- Decrease lengths of stay from 7.8 months to 6 months for Iowa, Utah, and South Dakota residents.
- Utilize outcome surveys to track and monitor transition services for Iowa youth. (2nd quarter, Chad/Shawn)
- Implement the use of Helping Optimize Permanency Experiences (HOPEs) for residential and shelter youth to reduce lengths of stay. (1st quarter, Nikki/Jen/Sara/Chad)
- Increase wages in key direct care positions in order to have strength in schedule and increase outcomes for youth. (1st quarter, Management Team)
Goal 4: Increase Information Technology
- Explore the implementation of camera system in one unit. (1st quarter, Jen)
- Implement and utilize PANDA. (3rd quarter, Judy/Willetts)
- Add a server specific for Edgenuity online learning. (1st quarter, Judy)